Subfuture gathered another group of us for the purposes of going to Essen once again. Participants (clockwise around the table) this time were Subfuture, Beani, Wayfinder, Rel, Wormbo87 and myself.
We were to head there at 18:00. Before that, Wormbo87, Rel and Subfuture were found in the Bunker. On my way to a lecture earlier in the day, I'd spotted a massive amount of network cable thrown into the skip on level 3, and had gone to get some for myself. Unfortunately I pulled out a massive bundle that wouldn't fit in my bag, so I suggested going back and doing some looting. The bin was significantly more full than before, but since I'd thrown the large coil back in somewhat closer to the edge, we were lucky and didn't have to move chemicals or whatnot out of the way.
Also looted a set of test tubes in a test tube holder. Some were broken, but 4 were sound.
C0d3_M0nk3y is threatening legal action on the club. Right before exams. What a jerk.
Beani was glad that I was going to be at dinner. It meant that they wouldn't talk about club stuff (classified, execs-only information), and she really didn't want to think about that.
Did not want to do trio rehearsal. Messaged Annette with such information.
Got rather tipsy over dinner; drank two glasses of white wine and Barenjager schnapps. As for food, a plate of deep fried cheese, crumbed mushrooms and some sort of mushy sausage thing was shared with Subfuture for entree, delicious salmon was had as a main course, and black forest in a cup was eaten for dessert. There was no cake to it, just jelly, chocolate, cream, and chocolate shards.
I'm not entirely sure what was talked about. The topic of the Men of EGG calendar was brought up again, and Beani was adamant that she couldn't be convinced to allow Wayfinder to appear in it, server racks or otherwise, no matter how much money was offered. A remark was made about cheesecake, or in this case, it being beefcake. I remember Beani remarking how I could possibly be so naïve before explaining to me that 'cheesecake' is a euphemism for soft core porn in the form of posters, depicting women in such a way that suggested something more sexual than was actually shown. The male version of this is termed 'beefcake'.
Wayfinder and Beani parted ways with us at the lights to walk home. Subfuture wanted to smoke (I think he may have drunk a little too much; he was getting rather loud towards the end of the evening) but didn't have his pipe with him, so he and Rel headed to get cigarettes while Wormbo87 and I headed back to the Bunker.
Left with Wormbo87 at some point to get the 21:55 train. Chatted briefly on the train; he remarked that everyone just seemed more tired than usual; even I seemed subdued. I replied that it was because I was thinking about something that was bothering me. I asked him if Subfuture was really hitting on me during dinner - there was a remark that Subfuture made about being too much of a gentleman to do such a thing - and he said he'd thought Rel was actually being creepy and looking at me a lot. He'd thought that I wanted to put some distance between Rel and myself, and he was glad to oblige. Eventually let on that it was the entire thing concerning my suitor that was bothering me. He didn't seem to want to know much about that, which was probably wise.
No comments:
Post a Comment