I have a suitor. The same one who admitted to liking me last week asked if I would wander with him today ~15:00, and we ended up not returning to our bags until 17:20. "I like you, and I think it is painfully obvious. I need to know if you feel the same way about me."
I'd been wondering what to do about it for the past week - while we seem to get along alright, I don't actually find him at all physically attractive. I didn't actually tell him that, but will probably have to eventually. I did tell him a lot about my previous self; he has been given a glimpse of the pessimist, whom I have not let out for quite some time. I wonder if it was a side effect of having gazed at the waning-yet-mostly-full moon early this morning.
I'd been on the verge of deciding not to accept if he asked, on the basis that he stank of sour milk on Thursday. It was a most unpleasant smell. (It was not present today.)
In fact I initially refused, saying that I only liked him as a friend, but he wanted to try anyway, and see what comes of it. It was awkward. I suppose we will see how it turns out.
I fear that I may end up using this as a source of physical contact only; I know how that turned out in the past, perhaps I will make better choices this time around. It has been a long time since I accepted physical contact for more than a few seconds. He is very warm, even in the shade.
No comments:
Post a Comment