Stayed over at uni from Friday (24th October) again. Was tactless and had a popper that once contained mango flavoured drink thrown at me; went to play Spore after that.
When I went back into the room, the campaign was finishing up for the night, so I packed up the stuff I'd left there and headed back to the room with the couch ~4am.
Ended up napping on and off upon the couch with Rel nearby until 8am; at some point he realised that I was cold, resulting in me curled up asleep under his jacket.
Headed out for food, first checking Macau's (which was closed until 10am). We were going to wait for it to open, so we headed towards the library with the intention of getting some study done. Discovered that it was not open either, and would not be open until 10am. At some point I realised that I was actually getting really hungry and didn't want to have to go through hunger pangs again, so ended up going to McDonald's near the Entertainment Centre. It was edible.
Walked around Darling Harbour for a bit. Saw a man in waders doing something in the water feature. Amused ourselves by making many references to the fact that nothing opened until 10am. Tried to find cache GC1D2P5, but couldn't find the exit from Darling Harbour (turned out we were totally on the wrong street anyway). Since we were nearby, we walked to Town Hall after that to see if I could search for the cache hidden there this time around. Was disgusted to see a security guard there, a different one from last time, probably also guarding the temporary toilets set up.
~10am by now; decided to wander randomly some more. Took a train to Circular Quay to see which ferries were leaving soon - I wanted to go to Manly - and found two - one to Manly, the other to Kurraba Point. Unable to decide, we sat on a nearby bench to roll a d10, with the intention of 1-5 being Kurraba and 6-0 being Manly. The first time, it rolled into a crack between two bricks and turned up an edge. Amusement was had over our inability to decide, and the dice apparently mocking us. The second roll was more decisive; on our way onto wharf 3, we discovered that Manly would require a green travelpass anyway, which Rel did not have.
A short wait later, we boarded and sat close to the top of a ferry that took us to Kurraba Point - the final of 3 ferry stops that were located in a triangle. Wondered if we would get sunburnt. He wears black because blood and other miscellaneous stains don't show up so easily on it. It's unfortunate that emo's also have that colour of choice for clothing; there's nothing one can do to solve that either, since they'd probably be happy if they were stabbed/killed.
I spotted grass from the wharf and headed towards it. Turned out to be named Kurraba Point Reserve. On the way there, we spotted something that looked like a pile of rubbish, but also looked like it was tied into the shape of a man with a hockey stick and a broken leg.
In the Reserve, we observed several small pillars formed from undressed stone stacked carefully upon each other. We also saw some metal poles bent circularly with their ends fixed upon wooden rails; essentially, racks, but couldn't figure out what they were for; too big for bikes, possibly just big enough for canoes or kayaks; I suggested penny farthings.
Spent the next ~4 hours lying around sleepily on the grass, first in full sunlight and then in the shade of trees. Ferries come by every half hour. As afternoon rolled around, we found ourselves chasing the shade. 2-3 of those hours were spent frustratedly suppressing an urge to come into physical contact with him.
Discovered that the meaning of 'going out' included spending time enjoying each other's company, physical contact or not.
"I thought I'd made my decision."
"And yet here we are."
"It's not right to say no, and then say yes. That's called lying. My word wouldn't mean much if I let that happen."
"That is true, but you are also allowed to change your mind."
I suppose I did.
I seem to be much happier for it.
Part of me still feels like it's been betrayed in some way. I'm not sure why.
No comments:
Post a Comment