Was almost late to the rehearsal, since I got to Circular Quay at 11:30 only to find that I'd already missed the ferry. Had to wait until 12:00 with the brother and sister bass/alto pair, who basically ignored me the entire time. Snoozed on the ferry with the bass. They didn't seem all that eager to actually get off the ferry when we got to Manly around 12:30, so after waiting a bit for them, I decided to head off on my own and see how things went with finding the church we were supposed to perform at.
Found it fine.
Rehearsal went alright. Some minor repositioning was done so that all could see the conductor. I think I'll be sitting in the front row during rehearsal from now on. Stupid arrogant tall people all lining the front.
I don't remember actually eating a proper lunch. I do remember running over to a nearby shop and buying some bread. I wasn't hungry anyway, and I found it quite odd; usually I'd be getting hunger pains or something by then.
The performance went well. It didn't seem as loud as yesterday, but perhaps that was because of the carpet. It was also rather hot.
I should have identified the signs of sleepiness and lack of hunger; my decision not to bring a bag came back and bit me when I discovered during the orchestra's segment that I was bleeding and didn't have any pads with me.
After the performance, a group of us went to some beer place near the beach to drink with Ben. Much chatter was heard; if I remember, I may note them down later.
Went with Chris(sie) to Max Brenner's on the way back to the ferry. Had a waffle. It was delicious, but the experience was unfortunately marred by the increasing level of pain. Parted ways with her at Circular Quay; she wanted to go to the markets, and I didn't think I could cope with much more of the pain. Headed home and to sleep soon after arriving.
No comments:
Post a Comment