Saw the specialist today. He said (not in these words) that although it was rare for people of my age to have muscles gradually sliding out of their backside, I did, and that I should get something done about it. The treatment suggested was Rubberband Ligation - basically, put a rubber band around the muscle so that its bloodflow is cut off. The muscle dies and eventually falls off, resulting in scar tissue forming, which will hopefully stop the sliding (probably only temporarily; if I'm lucky, it will solve the problem for 5-10 years) and give the muscles some support.
I feel so violated. Had to take pants and underwear off before getting prodded on the stomach and on the area where my legs joined my torso. Then I had to roll onto my side and sort of curl up for an internal examination. Having someone else's finger up my bum felt so wrong... it hurt... he poked an area which was really sore. And if that wasn't enough, after he took his finger out (there was a barely audible, but still horrible slurping sound), he then put some sort of instrument up there. An Endoscope. It was cold! He pumped air in. And then poked the same sore area. That really hurt. It felt like it took forever for him to get the thing out of me.
I don't want to go back... *curls up in a corner*
Also drove to the Brickpit to pick up Derek from sport. And back home from there.
DDR'd at Macquarie - $2 and a free game for tertiary students allowed me to play on both pads. It was my first time trying. I was, as expected, crap at it. Did Love Love Shine, Butterfly and Dam Dariram. Got D for the first two and failed the last. Asked Macquarie Deli Select manager if I could get any work at her deli, since I'd not gotten any hours for the last two weeks at my own. Gave her Monday and Saturday all day, and Thursday afternoon/evenings.
Went out with friends for dinner at 5pm. Took about half an hour to get almost everyone together. AyN gave Shan the souvenir she bought while she was in Hong Kong. Tiffany drove to Eastwood with Nada, Shinzo, ayN and I as passengers. Vivien and Shan took the train. AyN lent Shan her 'go anywhere' pass, and Vivien bought herself a ticket. Tiffany took a few wrong turns, and we also got stuck in heavy traffic, so it took half an hour to get there, as opposed to the usual 5-10 minutes. We arrived around 6pm and found Carrie, Shan and Vivien sitting in the library.
Spent another half an hour or so wandering around looking for someplace to eat. Ended up eating at some Korean restaurant. We sat on a raised wooden floor. ayN and I ordered a $15 BBQ beef dish (which we shared) and an extra bowl of rice (which cost $2!). Entree was free, with one free refill of each entree dish. Most of the entrees were chilli, so I only tried the potato, which was also slightly chilli. Took maybe an hour for actually eating dinner, then about 15min to figure out how to pay the bill. It was $85 in total.
Wandered around looking for dessert afterwards for maybe half an hour before actually deciding to have Pearl tea drinks. Shinzo and I didn't order. We spent maybe half an hour drinking and watching TV. By then it was almost 9pm, so everyone headed to the carpark to figure out how to get home.
Overall, lots of laughs and a good time had by all.
1 comment:
I've had one of those endoscopes stuck inside me. Not pleasant.
Mine went in down my throat though, I remember I could hardly breathe - felt like i was gagging..
Post a Comment