Saturday, 28 August 2004

0900 @ USyd for Scholarship Seminar. Saw Niz, Rowan, Ed, Varley, Jess, Kate, Deshan, Angela, Qing, Alex Morgan, and a few others there as well. Went to some other lectures, like IT, and Chemical Engineering. Made 'slime' - ok, more like blue gel. Two squirts of Borax (aka Rat Poison), some blue colouring and 10 squirts of PVA, all mixed into a small bag.
Net147 took the train to Redfern, and walked from the station to USyd to meet me. I found him looking at the Engineering trophie case. I was going to sneak up on him and glomp him, but he saw me too soon!
From there, we walked up to UTS, talking about stuff. Like my trial marks -_-;;
He left soon after we got there, because he had to find Market City (which I found out about 2 hours later when I left UTS to be not very far away from UTS, but he would have gotten there in time). I ran up the escalator and turned around about a third of the way up, but he'd already disappeared into the crowd.Did he see me looking back?
Asked about Software Engineering, took a look at Science, International Studies, and IT faculties. Went to an info thing for Media and New Media Arts stuff (films/graphic/sound etc.) and decided that the media was far too competitive, and that I'd prefer to stay out of it. Though I dunno... leaving my options open could be a good thing.
Got free fairy floss and Rainbow Paddlepop.
Then headed up towards TH, stopping at Market City for a short time, wondering which yum cha restaurant it was. I didn't know that there were any, I'd never been to any around Market City but apparently there are heaps around there. Which would make sense, since it's right near Chinatown; Chinatown, yum cha, various other asian foods... you get the picture. They didn't go to yum cha in the end anyway -_-;
By then, it was about 1415, I figured that it was probably pointless to continue looking. Just kept walking. Bought coconut pearl milk tea and DDR'd on the way there. Saw Keri and Chris, both ex-baulko (does Chris still go to baulko?) at the traffic lights just before (if walking from Central) Playtime. I don't think they noticed me; then again, they weren't really noticing anyone besides each other. I was standing there watching them, and Chris just kissed her anyway.
The dollar coin wouldn't go into the DDR machine at first. While DDRing with a girl who just happened to be there (I had no idea who she was, but her friend was no good at it; she herself was at Light), Tiffany, Qing and aYn (was it her?) came up and were like, "Hey, what are you doing here?" They headed to Kinokuniya.
Met SuXian, Belinda and Angelica at the cinema above the underground CD place close to Playtime. Went with them towards QVB, to look for toilets; I just went to the ones above Town Hall Square, they went down to the food court. Didn't see them after that.
Went into the St Andrews Cathedral. There was a service on. Looking down the aisle, at the many flower decorations, and at the elaborately dressed people, of which there were many - all the pews were full - I realised that a wedding was actually being held. Stayed there for a while, listened to the choir singing a hymn, then headed to the nearby library, hoping to finish reading Starfighters of Adumar. Library closes at 12pm on Saturdays.
Then went to BBC building, to see if I could find that room. The doors didn't open and it was dark inside.
Went and bought two chicken souvlacki sticks, then headed up to Kinokuniya. Saw Tiffany and co coming down the escalators. They told me they were going to get food or something. I didn't see them after that.
The souvlacki tasted good. I finished them in front of Kino and stuck the sticks back into the paper bag into my bag for later chewing on. Saw Hyde and Nada inside Kino near the English section. Hyde had Nada's red wig on. She was paranoid I'd pull it off, because someone at UTS did. I just wanted to pat her head, serious! Which she let me do eventually anyway. =P
Spent the rest of the time reading the Priest manga; I think I'd just started volume 8 when Nada's mum came and gave me and Hyde a lift home. Chewed on the wooden sticks while walking through Hyde Park (Hyde wants me to say it's named after her) to Nada's parents' car. Fell asleep in car on the drive back.
My parents kept ringing me up and expecting me to go home when I'd ALREADY told them that I'd be out ALL DAY. -_-#

No comments: