Chem was ok. It could have been so much worse. I didn't even do much studying for it; just some random cramming in bed around the midnight hours when I couldn't sleep, and then some on the bus as well as at school in the half hour before the actual exam. Though what I read did help. There was no way I could have remembered that NH4 had x covalent bonds without having read the fact just 10 minutes before I read the question inside the exam.
What can't you accelerate in a cyclotron/particle accelerator? Helium nucleus, electron, proton, neutron? I put neutron, since I remembered (from physics, dammit!) that particle accelerators worked by changing the charge in plates that had holes in them rapidly to first attract, then repel the particle; neutrons have no charge, so that wouldn't work. But apparently neutrons CAN be accelerated... a lot of people put electron... so now I have no idea. But come to think of it, that makes sense too... electrons are such tiny things... but they do get accelerated... don't they? So much so that you can strip them right off the atom completely... right? Oh... now I'm even more confused!
Took the 610 to Oakes Rd, then 612, then 628. Decided that I needed exercise, so I got off near the park and jogged the rest of the way back home. Uphill 5/6ths of the way. I'm ashamed to say that I was out of breath by the time I got back, even though I should have been able to keep that pace all day, and the distance couldn't have been more than 800m, maybe not even that much. I didn't count. At least there was no one home.
--Edit 22 Aug 2004--
Got the chance to check today. It's about 500m.
1 comment:
------------------------------
- Hyde-os -
It's not how you're on another blog server (ok, maybe it is) that I don't comment enough here. It's just I have to logout then click comment AND post anonymously just to comment here.
So... hello!
About your running then out of breath thing, don't worry. You don't want to see how long I run before I run out of breath. I'm horrible. Moo-ha!
------------------------------
Post a Comment