Wednesday, 18 August 2004

3u maths was yuck. In the way of content, I should have known how to do at least 90% of the questions in that paper. I must have left out a third of the paper undone, though, because I couldn't remember what methods to use. Once again, induction screwed me over, as did first principles. I totally forgot about small angles, and couldn't do anything related to circle geometry. Polynomials were screwed too, even though I revised those all morning.
A lot of people came out of that exam feeling that they'd either fail, or only just pass. Some, like Jian, came out panicking about how she'd left 3 questions out. (Not full questions, like the 7 questions in the exam; but 3 question parts). Even Keith found that test hard, but I don't know about Niz. Niz... is probably a better indicator of academic excellence. Niz, Mary and a few others, they're bound to top the grade in maths/science. I don't know about the history/social science area, I don't do any of those subjects.

My computer account at school has once again been blocked. I'm sick of it. Auzins was talking about a new contract. I'm not signing any contract unless I've read it all thoroughly. The last one was so shit. I think I'll simply not sign it. I'd much rather crash the network altogether, but there are people like Tillius who rely on the school's connection because they've only got dialup.
There are so many risks. I'm going to get caught doing it, but what the hell, see if I care. I'll just use it to look for info, do some probing, and then actually do the deed after the HSC is over. There's no way to do it remotely; the school is too heavily firewalled. I don't know about Selkirk's skills, but the programs they're using are formidable... probably because I have no experience at this. Curse this lack of time.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

------------------------------

- Hyde-os -

You had to sign a contract? What was on it? Hehe. That's weird.

Anyway, I would like to tell you how I'm going to get 100% in that maths test for not completing all the questions correctly. That's right! 100%.

------------------------------