Tuesday, 8 November 2005

Slept through most of the ICS guest lecture. Didn't even get to hear stuff about the final exam, because the normal lecturer talked about it last week - the week when everything was due, so I didn't go to the lecture.

Didn't have tutorial. SMS'd Tillius about my water bottle. Turns out he had it with him.
Walked to Victoria Park. Spent a long time looking at creatures that lived in, on and around the lake. A guy and his female friend fed them ice cream cone. The guy ended up eating all his ice cream and giving the entire cone to the birds.

Tillius snuck up on me. -_-;;

Went and got food from Broadway. Ate my lunchbox of stuff. He bought wedges and got given far too much sour cream.
Played Time Crisis. Read Dilbert comics in a book at the Calender stand/store thing. Looked for games. Selphie appeared (irritatingly). She was with some guy.
Went to K-Mart, where Tillius looked for two CDs. And Risk, for Ez. Toy of the day: some foam rocket/javelin thing. Ended up sitting in the bike shelf display thing. Tried to throw things under the shelves at ppls' ankles in the next aisle. Some people walked past. One guy was surprised/freaked out, and his significant other also looked surprised, though not as much. Apparently, Product manager person was in aisle, but they didn't notice us. Some woman notified a staff, who asked us what we were doing. "Nothing." I said. We left then, after Tillius paid for a CD.

Decided I wanted air conditioning so walked through Building 10. For some reason, Tillius picked level 4. There were toilets around the corner to the Wattle St lifts (and bubblers, don't know why he didn't fill up his water bottle!). Came out of the toilet and walked around the corner. Anthony, my OOD tutor - I didn't see him there! - said hello and asked what I was doing. "Going to the toilet," I said. He repeated his question. "Toilet!" I blurted, not realising Tillius had appeared behind me. "Come on guys, it's not high school anymore," Anthony said. I ran off down the stairs with absolutely no idea what he was on about.

Took train to St James station. Tried to get into the Supreme Court of NSW (or was it Sydney) but doors were locked. USyd Law building was boring and far too quiet. Went to St Mary's cathedral, to find the Crypt was closed. Reconciliation mass was going on.

Train back to Central, where dad picked me up to go to Epson seminar, held at Fox Studios, Randwick.

Epson seminar was boring. I don't remember a thing, except that the new printers were all overpriced. The free food and alcohol was good (though I didn't drink any alcohol because I intended to drive home). We left around 20:30, got New Zealand ice cream (more expensive than the New Zealand ice cream under QVB), and headed slowly to the car.

Dad hit himself on the nose with the car boot door. He was apparently trying to see if he'd put the L plate in the window correctly. -_-;
Also stepped on the accelerator rather than the brake pedal when I saw a car reversing ahead of me (in the carpark). Squeals occurred when I then stomped very hard on the brake.
Possibly drunk young woman exited the Fox Studios place on my left. I let her go ahead. At the lights, she got sick of waiting, changed to the right lane, and then turned right - despite the lights clearly being red.
Otherwise, the drive home was fairly uneventful.

No comments: