Climbed the Sydney Harbour Bridge today; went on the 18:35pm climb. Signed agreement, changed into drab grey clothing, got instructed in some things. Weren't allowed to bring anything up there - not even a camera or a watch. I should have kept my watch on.
It was mostly lots of stair climbing. The solid mesh catwalks are great. They let me look straight down but there's no vertigo effect because of the mesh. It was a bit freaky walking over the open water, before we climbed up between lanes 6 and 7. XD
Only saw the last of the sunset, though, because we were actually walking with our backs to the sunset. I asked the guide to take a few pictures of it, but he left the flash on or something and missed the sun altogether. The sun was large and red and I could stare at it because it wasn't too bright. After a while, the sky went all pastel-coloured.
When we (group of 12 + 1 guide) got closer to the top of the bridge, it got really really windy, and quite cold. The guide took some photos of me, and of the group. Not much to say about it, except that the view was great.
Bought four photos afterwards. I'll post them later, maybe. Got a complimentary photo of the group in the tunnel, as opposed to the group on the bridge, because I was blinking in that one.
Hands were sticky afterwards too. But they had a 'birdbath' back inside the center, so it was all good. I couldn't keep myself from staring towards the south and the west repeatedly. They are so far apart. I still wish you'd been up there with me.
No comments:
Post a Comment