Saturday, 29 January 2005

Drove some more today. Headed first to the carpark for the park near Muirfield high, but there was some preschool orientation thing, hence lots of cars in the car park. Mum freaked out and drove out of the carpark. Ended up driving on the three streets off Yale St (near North Rocks Westfield). Learnt to reverse. For some reason, I find it odd that if you turn the wheel one way, the car will go that way in reverse too. It won't go the opposite way. I know that's perfectly logical, but still.
Then mum drove to Stockland Mall, where I had some food (finally! I raced out of the house at 10:12 this morning, I'd thought work started at 11am! More on work later) and tried on some shoes. None of them fit. (I don't think I'll ever find the Orianna size 5... *sniffles*)
The we drove to school, where I did about two or three large figure-of-eights around two of the small trees situated in the middle of the carpark. Then did two large figure-of-eights in reverse, with my brother cackling away in the back seat and directing me to "go straight, now turn... turn... hey, turn!" while mum sat next to me and probably got scared. She's easy to scare XD Parked in the vice principal's parking spot, then reversed and parked (almost perfectly) into the principal's designated parking spot. I then spent the next minute or so cackling my head off. Called Ez up and couldn't stop giggling even while I was on the phone. He suggested that I do donuts and told me how, but I decided that mum's car was too good to wreck like that. The longer the tyres last the better.
Also ran over some piles of leaves that were piled in the gutter. They made satisfying crackling sounds; my brother and I couldn't stop laughing. Mum disapproved, and probably rightly so, because the sides of the tyres are thinner and more prone to popping or something.

Work... was crap. Woke up at 10, decided that work was at 11 so I could sleep a bit more, then the phone rings around 10:10. Sister picks it up, turns out it's my boss - I was supposed to start at 10! Rush around getting dressed, etc, then ask dad to drive me to work. Arrive there when the clock inside the store says 10:15 - yay for living near where I work.
Later, while refilling eggs, the front one falls right off the counter top. It's a drop of about 1.5m, all but two of them were cracked. I forgot to write it in the waste list. The mess took a while to clean up. At least there were no manager-people around to see.
To make it worse, the area manager came in later. One of the customers complained to her about the customer service, she saw me yawning, commented that my shirt looked like a tent on me (that's not my fault, they didn't have any sizes smaller than S!)... I hate having to interact with people. Stupid strangers. Because of that man bastard who complained about customer service, the area manager will be screwing up Mel's timetables by bringing people from other stores in. So now I have to leave my entire week free, when normally Mel would have the timetables done up by today.
Met the new guy today though. He's going back to HK today too, so he probably speaks Canto. I've forgotten his name. Oh well.

No comments: