Drove today! In a small, empty carpark, and then a bigger, almost empty carpark. But still.
Didn't log it in the logbook, but after having read the first three task pages, I'm amazed how much I got through. It's not perfect, obviously, but it's only my first time so no teasing (unless you absolutely have to =p ).
On other things, there were comparatively less mistakes at work. I hate where the Polish Salami is placed - right near the window, in front of five other stacks of sliced circular pieces of meat. Where I can't reach it at all. I don't like Pastrami either. I find it amusing that I can name and picture some of the meat in my head even when I'm not at work (like now).
Went to the newsagency place. I wonder if I should still call Connie, even though the guy said it was okay and that he'd tell her the stuff I told him. I think I will, but tomorrow morning, because I forgot to tell him that I could work on Monday 10:00 - 13:00.
The lamington I bought from Darby's was rather dry. The salmon and avocado roll was much nicer, even though right after buying it, I got hit with a sudden wave of depression. I wonder why. I ended up wandering around the shopping centre for the next ten or so minutes before heading up the travellators, finding a nice large orange couch to sit on, and snoozing a bit before actually eating the roll. Found 5c in my wallet, so went and bought a 5c stamp from the nearby post office. Pretty red lacewing.
Then walked outside and found a monitor sitting on the grass outside someone's house. It even had its power cord still inside. There was also a fax machine, it looked quite new, but it had an official report of having been fixed once. I should have taken the cords and the phone. Oh well.
Mum came and picked me (and the monitor) up; we went home to pick Karen up and drop the monitor off. Ate some jelly Karen made.
Then we went to Hornsby to paint small plaster statues. Karen had to finish off her dog (she did eventually, got it sprayed with gloss, it looks quite nice) and I started on a bear holding a heart-shaped bunch of roses. It took me an entire hour to get the bear painted a nice chocolate brown - ridged fur makes for difficult painting in the deep spaces in between the fur. I might actually go over it with a flat brush and a lighter brown, just to give the fur some more depth. There are some places where the paint is a bit thin and lighter coloured; I'm a little disappointed at that. I saw a dragon painted jet black once. No brush strokes showing, an even layer of shiny black paint; very beautifully done. Guess it takes a steadier hand than mine to paint well.
Ate a pretzel from Pretzel World. Then went driving. Derek called and was annoyed that he wasn't present to sit in the back and scream girlishly.
No comments:
Post a Comment