Wednesday, 5 January 2005

Went to UTS's Advisory Day. Asked a heap of questions about the BBusiness BComputing and BSc in IT Dip IT ProfPrac courses. Have decided to put the latter as my first preference. Its UAI requirement last year was mid to high 80s, so I should get into it with no problems.
Ate chocolate and rainbow flavoured paddlepops. Mum got herself a chocolate paddlepop and a soft drink. There was popcorn, but also a rather long line. It was all free.
Saw Jian and Ed there, with a group of three or four others. Jian introduced them as her 'Giraween people'. One of them sort of waved at me.
UTS has an anime club.

Walked around a bit afterwards looking for food. Ended up eating Vietnamese food at the Saigon Village Restaurant. Their noodles are nice. The prawn on sugar cane was sort of weird. Mum ended up having the two sugar cane sticks because I didn't like chewing on random fibre. We put the tasteless noodles that were under the prawn into the noodle soup for a while. They tasted better after that.

Walked up to Kinokuniya. Read the 13th volume of Priest. I wonder if Kino even has the 14th volume.
Also found a book of origami. I have learnt how to fold a paper snail.

Went to a chinese doctor who specialised in acupuncture. Mum wanted to see if there was anything that could be done to prevent/relieve my period pain. No, I didn't get acupuncture done on me. I would probably have run out of the room and never come back if they'd tried. -_-;
Stupid western medicine, treating only the symptoms and not trying to pinpoint the actual problem. The doctor said that I might have cold inner body temperature or something, that was why there were blood clots and therefore period pains because blood clots don't come out as easily so the uterus contracts...? Makes sense, but still sounds weird. So now I'm not supposed to drink or eat any cold things during my periods. *sighs* ... memories of warmth triggered...
I hate drinking chinese medicine. It usually tastes worse than western medicine, and comes in considerably larger doses too >_<

Headed back to Town Hall. Tried on sneakers for a while, but none fit. Bought drinks from Easy Way. Then got on train and went back home.

No comments: