Tuesday, 19 April 2005

Had ICC lecture - first accounting lecture.
Then walked to 160 Sussex St, not knowing it was in Wynyard. I took the train back to Central to go to the ICC tutorial. I forgot that the tutorial went until 13:30; I'd originally intended to leave myself an hour to get to the interview.
Took the train in a rushed state to Wynyard, then ran most of the way to the place. Talked to the receptionist who called my interviewers down, and then I got to sit under air conditioning for about 5min. Didn't cool off completely; I was like, sweating in the interview room.
The first question they asked me was 'So, tell us about yourself'. I'm so glad I prepared that question this time around. ^^;
The guy who would have been my manager seemed really cool. He even knew what anime was! I had it listed as one of my interests ^^; He even explained it to the other interviewer, because she had no idea. Saved me from answering questions, which is good I guess!
A pity the position was a full time job. Maybe I'll apply when I have to do my work experience. Apparently they always hire undergrads, though I find that a bit odd. But anyway, it was good interview experience.

Afterwards, I went to Darling Harbour to see if that grand piano was still there. It was. There was also some weird Cathay Taiwan thing being held, and horses were led through the entertainment centre. There was also a Cisco conference being held for the integrators. I talked to one of the guys from NetStar. He told me that all the people there were competitors, that was why they were all at their own little booths. "We set up here and we frown at each other. Amd the more we frown, the more customers we get."
"But that's crazy!"
"Yeah, but that's the way it works!"
He was amusing. He asked if I was in the computer industry, I said, "Yeah. Well, getting there. Studying IT at the moment."
Another guy asked, "At UTS?"
"Yep."
I wandered around a bit, drank some milk provided for the tea/coffee drinkers, ate my cookies I'd saved, and watched a guy performing with a lassoo on stage (for the Cathay Taiwanese peoples). There was a horse standing on stage too.

Then Net147 called to say he was at Town Hall steps already, so I ran off to meet him. We sat on the stairs for a while, then headed down to the BBC building so he could check if his computer teacher was there (which he/she wasn't). Went up to Sydney City library where I found the Starfighters of Adumar book again. Net147 has a library card. Then we sort of wandered around before sitting down on the stone above the waterfall. He leaned his shoulder against mine. As the temperature cooled, I was glad of the shared warmth, even though it was just a little bit. I was feeling sleepy - as always. He remarked about the random anchor display and how tourists took photos of anything and everything.
We reluctantly got up around 17:05 and walked to the lifts that led up to his parents' offices and parted ways there; he looked back and met my gaze as I was looking back at the same time.

No comments: