Went to eat lunch at Carlingford Village. Mum was parking the car, so Derek and I got out and mucked around a bit while waiting for her and dad.
The travellators were both empty, so Derek started walking down on the up travellator. I looked at him, thought that would be fun, and started walking up on the down travellator. We were both going at a speed that kept us at the bottom of the travellators.
A random woman walks in, comes over to me, and starts walking upwards on the down travellator. I am sort of stunned, then run off the down travellator and sprint up Derek's up travellator. I hear the woman say, "Oh, wrong one!" as I run off, thoroughly embarrassed but still amused.
Halfway up, I can't stand it any longer and break out into fits of giggles. I run around the corner, run a few metres more and then squat on the floor laughing almost insanely. I'm sure everyone was looking at me. After a few seconds, I get up and run towards the food court, still laughing, and don't stop until about 5 or 10 minutes later.
Even though the entire incident was totally accidental, that was the best laugh I've had in ages.
Went out to dinner with parents in the City with Keith, William, and William's family. Not much to talk about, except that the food was pretty good. Though the meat had hairs in it that looked like the cook's really short head hair or eyebrow/armpit/pubic/leg hairs. Keith and William also go to the same uni, though William is in his final year of Computer Science. Keith is still 17! *gasp* And won't turn 18 until September this year! He sooo looks older than 17 -_-;
Then again, last Saturday there was this girl who was 13, (?! she looked 15-16 to me!) who kept asking "Are you -really- 18?!" after she'd asked how old I was and Thran told her I was 18, an exact year younger than he was. One time, she said, "So, do you drive?"
"Yep. I'm only on my Ls, but I drive. I freak my parents out sometimes ^_^;"
"OMG, she drives! She can drive!"
And a few minutes before that, "So, what school do you go to?"
"I finished school last year. I'm a first year uni student now."
"OMG you're in uni!?"
Her brother, Thran and I had several good laughs that afternoon.
Anyway, sleep now. I WILL get some of that Java assignment done tomorrow!
No comments:
Post a Comment