Thursday, 3 February 2005

Enrolled at UTS today. Saw Maikha (from CCSS) during the briefing - I sat on a table at the back of the room - which had very little actual useful information. More of it was just, like, the advisor's previous experiences as a uni student.
Enrolling took about 2hrs 10min, but Maikha wanted to go on a tour of some sort, so we got taken to the library, where he went in to take a look and I waved and ran off. He blabbers a lot. Let's see what I remember...
He:
Dated Louise (also from CCSS) for a while
Doesn't go out with asian girls
Has friends that work at the Powerhouse Museum, in the Railroads Heritage section
"looks like a fag" on his student ID card
Seems to like walking through grass barefoot and acted amazed that UTS only has a small patch of the stuff
Has a friend who works in the ABC building and wanted to get free tickets to something from said friend
Said Playschool got in trouble for using the word "mums" in their interview thing with a lesbian couple who had two(?) children
Decided that the architect who designed UTS's tower should be shot, because he could "see it all the way from Strathfield", and it "stuck out like dog's balls"
Called me a "crazy bitch" and implied I had too much time on my hands {Read: stalker} (I'm still trying to decide if it was in jest. Probably was.)

Ok, enough about some blabbering guy. He's more hyper than I am, but in a more not-so-fun-like sort of way.
Registration itself was okay. I was confused throughout (still am a bit), but I'd expected that. Got given a Standard Program for the course I was doing, and I'd like to protest about the fact that I have a lecture at 8pm, even though I'm not an evening student. Spent aaages trying to decide when I should do my tutes and lab sessions and stuff, but ended up deciding that I'd do them at home (which I've been trying to get done for the last four or five hours, I really shouldn't let other things distract me -_-; ).
Saw Ed, who's going to be doing Nanotechnology (Science) enrolling in the same building, but his started at 9am, and he was walking out around 11 or 12.
The queues were very long.
I ran almost all of the way from the UTS library back up to Town Hall. Got there near 13:00. Thought for sure that I'd missed lunchtime. SMS'd Net147, then saw him walk out of the glass doors that I'd been watching. He was one of the first out, and he was alone; he was carrying a stack of workbooks, what looked like a spiral-binded book and a red/orange pencil case. I saw him look around a few times, and was afraid that he'd see me, but he didn't seem to. I decided to follow, but waited till he went around the corner - turned out that I'd waited too long. I got one more glance at him as he went up the street, then lost him at the traffic lights, as a lot of people had come out in fractured groups after him. I thought he'd turned right, so I went that way too, but there was no sign of the red/orange pencil case which had stuck out against the darker blue of all the blazers.
Lurked around Town Hall for hours. Bought myself an iceblock, got to Town Hall station, and some random guy asked if he could have a bite. I shook my head and he winked at me. I just blinked a few times...

I'd actually reached Central by 8:30, thanks to the express train from Epping, so I decided that I'd catch another to Town Hall and do some recon. Seemed like I was on time to catch the rush to school - plenty of St. Andrews students walking towards the BBC building. I got a little freaked out after standing on the black steps watching them for a bit, so I went into Town Hall House and asked the receptionist persons if they knew of any blue fountains.
They didn't. They were really nice about it though, tried their best to help me find one. I didn't expect them to try and contact the man who was in charge of all the fountains and decorations in the city, but they did. Unfortunately, the man was unreachable. The lady suggested fountain(s) in King's Cross, because they dyed the water there. The Pool of Rememberance, and the fountain(s) in Hyde Park were also suggested. And the guy said that school students often put stuff in the water fountains as pranks - "soap" was mentioned, the image my mind formed was amusing - so that might have been what made the water look blue...
It didn't help that I had never seen it, nor did the fact that it wasn't working anymore now. I'm starting to think that Net147 sees it (or rather, sees it not working/on) while he's travelling to school, and that it might not be anywhere near Town Hall at all. There are plenty of fountains in the suburbs of the city.

Went also to look for a particular office. The building of Woolworths has four sides. I went to the side behind the side where an entrance to Town Hall station was situated.
The first place I found with a lift had a Diamond Trader on the 4th floor. The man was nice.
The second place had medical staff (dentists, optometrists, dental surgeons, etc.) situated on the 4th floor. There were two receptionist ladies. One was very rude. "Hello, can I help you?"
"Um... I seem to be lost... I'm looking for someone..."
"Do you have an appointment here?" (or something like that)
"No..."
"Then what are you doing here?!"
I rolled my eyes at her and pressed the button to call the lift. Unfortunately, the first lift that came up was the broken one >_<
Then time ran out, I walked in the right direction, decided that I was wrong, walked in the wrong direction, then figured out that I was wrong, and headed to UTS. That was around 9:30. Got to UTS on time to find a long line at Checkpoint 1.

*looks over post*
That's enough...

No comments: