Went to UTS again, this time for the start of orientation week. It was pretty boring. Nothing really new. Though the ceremonial clothing of the professors/lecturer people looks quite nice.
Went on an impromptu tour of the IT building, where Deckker met up with Dooie and I (no idea what he was doing in there) and randomly joined in the tour. Dooie took 8 diaries and shoved them all into a cloth bag that had one carry strap. Free lunch, which was good. Got asked by a UTS magazine editor on the act that government may pass to banish compulsory union fees. The fees for UTS are only $38 or something a semester. I thought it was better to keep them, since it provided for all the chairs and decoration and food and stuff. Basically everything except for the education, which the university gave us. I saw a photocopied article on the higher fees, though. They were >$100 for UNSW (or USyd or some other uni, I forget). So it makes sense that some are in favour of getting rid of it. It would make more sense to simply lower it though. Because only voluntary contributions = maybe 90% of students don't pay = crap facilities = crap image for uni = less students = even less voluntary contributions.
Vicious cycle.
Went to Deckker's place (yes, again!) to get the hdd that he promised, and to get Dooie's stuff that he left there last time. Didn't end up getting the hdd after all (which is good, I guess, because then there will be more stuff on it when I DO get it). Spent a lot of time just bumming around in the main room. Threw red cushions at Dooie. Went online a bit. We were mostly waiting for files to transfer onto the hdd.
Ate at Oporto. They have good burgers. Spent some time just sitting there talking. Then went to the shopping centre across the road, which had bluetooth (bluepulse?) for phones. Headed up to the Intencity on the top level, which didn't have a DDR machine (!!) but had two air hockey tables.
Then headed back to Deckker's place to actually pick the hdd up. Dooie ended up getting to take it.
Walked to Central with Deckker and Dooie. Deckker left us at UTS to 'steal contact details' for a yellowshirt. I'm going to guess that he needs to sort things out about those purple roses he gave away. Apparently one girl took it seriously. Purple roses apparently mean that the guy has fallen in love with the girl at first sight.
Dooie left at platform 22/23, but missed his train so came up behind and bonked me on the head with his roll of black cardboard.
His train still came first.
Saw the remains of the sunset from the bridge over the main road. It was actually dusk; the moon was already at the height of the clock. I have not seen the sunset from there ever since school ended. Because I didn't have to catch the bus from school back, I had not needed to cross that bridge at sunset for a long time.
...Since then, things had become complicated between Net147 and I; the distance between us now seems greater than ever before.
In my confusion, helplessness and tears, sadness had wrapped itself around me... I had forgotten how beautiful it was...
Even though events that I do not remember any longer have happened in the past and affect me still today... despite everything that has happened... I still want to see the sunset with you again... I want to see it in its full glory, to know the heat of the last golden rays with you, and then share my body's warmth with you, as you shared yours with me... deep within me, I still hope that we will become as close as we were before...
If only we could throw out everything except what really mattered, but reality is cruel...
No comments:
Post a Comment