Wednesday, 16 February 2005

Oh man.. so much to blog about... I got back from IT Orientation Camp today. But am too tired to post it all now... I didn't sleep until 5:30 this morning, when the birds started calling... stupid grey mynor(sp?) birds and their 'intruder-alert' calls.

Blah, I'll just dump the thoughts now and maybe make sense of them later.
To readers: I might also backdate a few posts. I'll also probably I forget to link them, so you'll have to check on your own. They'll be of the last 3 days.

00:00 still doing origami with "Brain", Dooie, a few others. Roses, Vases. Bugs down shirt = yuck.
01:30 Guy with much camp cash sits down to count it all. He has 3.5% of the camp cash available. Dooie finds insect repellant and sprays some on the light. Insects drop dead on ground.
02:00 Take contact lenses out. Take entire bag from cabin, intending to take a shower later.
02:30? Brian finishes his 16 roses. Makes a box, puts them in, goes to sleep. Other guy also goes to sleep. I finally find that I have new sms's but no room to fit them.
Move to benches because there are less insects in the dark.
Stay up talking with Dooie about stuff. Most of it nonsense. Some stuff about relationships. Religion.
03:00 Some guys come out and start a game of catch or something after smoking. Yellowshirts come out and ask if we're ok and stuff.
04:31 Go to take a shower. Find that I've left my long sleeve clothing and towel back in the cabin (they weren't in my bag). Come out to find Dooie walking around in a sleeping bag. He got cold. When we get back to the seats, he opens the sleeping bag like a coat, inviting me to try. It is indeed a warm sleeping bag. But it reminded me too much of the past.
Yellowshirts walk around. Janey(sp?) talks to us, asks us (for the 2nd time) if we're alright. We are fine. We are not sleeping. She bids us goodnight and tells Dooie to "take care of her".
05:15 Giggle uncontrollably at any and everything. The most stupidest probably being the two/three trees right in front of us.
05:30 Morning birdcall starts. Kookaburra, mynor(sp?), horse, rosellas, traffic.
05:45 Start to get cold. Effects of shower wearing off. Dooie's sleeping bag is used as a blanket by us both. Shared body warmth with a layer of sleeping bag between us.
06:00? Eyes refuse to stay open. Dream erratically. Gradually sleep for longer and longer intervals. Since I'm used to sleeping in all sorts of places, I don't wake up too sore. Dooie's head, however, is found on my shoulder once or twice; leaning backwards over the back of the seat a few times; etc. Basically, he gets a sore neck.
07:00 Decide that I will do what I can to ease Net147's extended exposure to reality, because I know very well what it is like to need someone, but be constantly separated by time, distance, and sometimes, misunderstanding. Head back to cabin to pack and clean up. Luckily, it all fits.
07:40 Breakfast! Pancakes + honey + muesli with milk.
08:45 Humpty. Throw as high as possible into air to land on concrete. All the eggs break.
9:00 Cleanup of site in general. Huge black pile of dead insects from the morning is swept up.
10:00 Auction of cool stuff with camp cash. Paid 17,000 for a crap-looking silver necklace. Laptop bag. Jug with 4 cups. Windscreen covering. Dooie gives me screwdrivers that he bid for.
11:00 More cleanup, then leaving on bus.
12:45 Arrive in City. Walk to TH.
13:20 St. Andrews Cathedral is location for band concert. The Police Band was playing, so I stayed until the 5th item, a vocal aria. I have never liked opera. The singer had a good voice, but I still don't like opera.
14:05 Got food.
14:13 Was full.
14:23? Met Net147. Walked down to Central (again), then back up to TH, up past Hyde Park to Cook & Phillip Park. Sat there for a long time, talking some, but mostly silent. At one point, I wanted to be touched but got poked instead. He touched my hair once. Tried to give him a hug which ended up with me falling over sideways on the grass again. I think I've finally figured out that sitting down hugging doesn't work too well.
16:30? Headed back to TH. Felt terrible because the 'hug' had brought with it a sense of loneliness; he had not attempted to return it later. Even though I knew that meeting f2f meant a lot to him this time... probably more than any other times... and that he is not one who is inclined to touch... I still wanted to be, though nowhere near as much as the other times. Parting has never been easy for me, and it wasn't easy this time either.
16:40 Went to get Coconut Milk Tea with Jelly at Easy Way.
16:48 Caught train to library.
17:20 Was picked up by mum. Slept in car on the way home, then slept on couch 10min after arriving home until around 20:00.

1 comment:

Tillius said...

Um...I think it's Indian Miner's your talking about. Don't know about the 'grey' though...sounds like a pidgeon :p