Wednesday, 23 February 2005

UTS O-Day. Consisted of many clubs trying to get everyone to join them. I ended up joining the Anime club (didn't really want to, but they blackmailed me into doing so because I was eating their half a muffin!).
I also joined the Outdoor Adventure Club online, so I'll pay the $10 (which I didn't have because I had to use my remaining $5 to join the Anime club) when I go on my first trip. I joined it mainly to complete my Duke of Ed expedition requirements.
There was also a kickboxing club, which I took a look at, but decided that I'd join later. Hyde - sorry, Shinzo, he/she changed his/her online name recently - went to watch the training and tried it out (so he/she said in his/her blog). I forgot to re-check that club out. I wonder if I should join that one instead... Kickboxing is $100 per semester (about $4 a class), they train on Monday at 19:00. If training went for 45min, it would be perfect, because I have a lecture (Principles of Distributed Computing) at 20:00-21:00. (One hour training is bad, because then I would have to rush to the lecture, and I'd probably stink.) The only problem I can see then is that it's held at Woolloomooloo... I have no idea where that is. Though apparently there are also classs at the UTS gym... GAH I'M CONFUSED NOW!!

Earlier, Deckker and Anth found me in front of the Anime club. Deckker made his presence known by pressing his hands onto my shoulders. Anth noted that it would have been bad if I had not been who they expected.
I almost got them back when they lost me in the crowd (it's easy to do that). I got very close the sneaking up behind them, but they were at 90 degrees to each other, turning their heads around, with no people near them for me to hide behind. And my timing was bad.

Went to Deckker's place (yes, again) with Anth this time, because he had to photocopy his driver's license, which was his identification for his UTS job application. Hung around there for less time than before. There was a computer sitting on his table. It needed a new hd.
Went back to UTS where Anth dropped off his application and Deckker went to see if he could get a better time for his Networking class.
Anth left because he got bored of waiting for Deckker.
Deckker got 8am Friday, so I switched my allocation to that one, as did Dooie later in the evening. So now both Dooie and I have only one late night in the city. Dooie came back from escorting his friend to Belford and told me several times to join a club. That was when I joined the Anime club. Were also bugged by Itch to join VSA. I didn't join. Instead, I chose to drop paper down on the people who were a floor below.
Deckker left around 17:00 to go and buy the hd with the computer's owner. Dooie and I hung around the city until 18:30 because we didn't like rush hour trains. We ate at Hungry Jacks. He shouted me a $4.20 burger. I wonder how I'm going to return that favour without making it horribly obvious that I'm doing so.

He ended up taking the train with me and changing at Strathfield to go to Lidcombe.
It wasn't quite sunset when I got to the bridge. What a pity.

No comments: