Karen's birthday today. Had a party-like thing with the youth fellowship. Went out to dinner in Mosman. The steak was sort of burnt.
I didn't give her a present or anything. Just a hug at the end of the day. I'm really feeling quite guilty about that now. After all, she's always made a big deal of my birthdays. I know... I'll give her some sheets of the origami paper I got from Deckker. It'll be a bit of a late present, but.. *sighs*
On the subject of birthdays, I'm thinking of taking Net147 to the rooftop, preferably to see the sunset on his birthday. But that day is in the middle of his half yearly exams... *sighs again* perhaps I should just ask him what he wants for a present. It just seems so... impossible to do... so many factors that could cause it to all stuff up.
I got an email telling me what to do about the lack of English test result. I'll call the man up tomorrow.
...I'm not really looking forward to the start of uni tomorrow, even though I don't actually start until 4pm. I was gloating about the starting time today, teasing everyone else in the youth fellowship. But now I just don't care.
...I dreamt this morning. Perhaps Net147 was in it. I do not remember. It makes me sad to think that in my dreams, he is not a person who is noticed, even by me...
I remember holding a piece of origami I'd made with fragile paper (but it was white). It had the shape of a heart. Something happened, and the top left corner tore off and fluttered to the ground. It was a gift for/from somebody, so I was a little upset. "Lord, please fix this," I prayed silently. "I believe that You will do it if it is Your will." I started doubting a bit at that point, but whispered to myself, "Believe that it is already done, and it will be done." Then I removed my hand from over the torn section slowly, not at all sure of what I would see.
The piece of paper was whole again. There was no marks or tape or anything, other than where the corner had torn off, but had been mended.
...The heart I was holding... whose was it? Was it mine? Was it his? Did it stand for both of ours? One thing is sure... it was repaired, but showed the sign of having been damaged before. And it seems that the heart is fragile...
No comments:
Post a Comment