Tuesday, 22 February 2005

So tired. Got up around 9:15 to take a shower, then went back to sleep until 9:40. I was going to drive to work - at Macquarie this morning, because the Deli there was short of staff - but since I was so late, mum drove instead.
Rebecca (the manager there) is a lot nicer than Mel is. For example, I didn't get a lunch break, so instead of leaving at 15:00, she let me leave at 14:30 instead.
It's sort of weird to get into the shop. The door is always locked, so you have to ring a doorbell and hope that they're not too busy to let you in. It's also not as busy, the customers don't come in large groups as often. But it still happened, and the large group-ness of the customers lasted for maybe half an hour. I'm pleased that I didn't make any mistakes. Except for chucking the continental frankfurts too hard; they hit the window and made an oily/wet patch.
Compared to my usual workplace, the Macquarie Deli has more space, the coolroom is bigger, the counter is wider, the windows have wheels that make them easy to open and close, they have comparatively less tongs (or other utensils, for that matter), they sell raw meat (double chicken breasts, chicken wings, chicken drumsticks and whole chickens for roasting), the machines are different (the keypad is colourful! I was given number 20), but most of all, each cashier is movable!! I could move the damn things out of the way to get at the meat!! I didn't have to squeeze my shoulders under the gap or do any other strange body-twisting things!

After work, I bought myself a bottle of water for 65c, ate a lot of Baker Delight's choc-chip hot cross buns, and a salmon and avocado sushi roll out in front of Intencity, on the top (4th?) level. Then DDR'd, and got a free game because I was a tertiary student. DDR'd with some primary school guys, just to make sure that I didn't fail on Standard. Tsugaru on standard has offbeat galloping!

No comments: