Just got back from the ECC's baptism service. Five people were baptised. I only knew Sonja and Trish. Trish sang a song that she wrote the lyrics to.
I actually got there around 15:20, only to find no-one besides the band there. And Thran, of course, because his brother plays piano/guitar in the band. I thought it was just Youth Group again. Spent the next hour talking to Thran (mostly about uni) in the room we used to make out in.
I'm glad that I'm over what happened between us. It is irritating the way he keeps trying to hug me and stuff though. I accidentally drew blood today when I scratched him. My fingernails are longer than usual, I haven't cut them for almost a month.
When we headed up at 16:17 because the band had stopped playing, we found that the service had already started and they weren't playing because the 1st/2nd song had already finished and one of the baptism candidates were giving their testimony.
Afterwards, there was a potluck dinner. Lots of food. The risotta was the best. Though by the time it was my turn to get food, most of it was already gone. There were a lot of people.
There were purple grapes and tiny pears after dinner. Sat around the musicians for a long time. Until about 19:30, actually. Bongo drums (? the two small ones that are connected together, played with the hands) are so cool.
Got a lift back with Thran. His brother drove. I had to sit with the two guitars (1 acoustic, 1 electric) on my lap. It was raining lightly. Before, during the testimonies, it was raining hard, thundering and everything. (My room got soaked again. The computer on the floor probably needs to be dried out before I turn it on.)
When I got home, the parents weren't back yet. The modem was connected. I didn't get long though; just long enough for Deckker to notice me and tease me about being late. Derek took the modem out before I could say bye.
No comments:
Post a Comment