Wednesday, 9 February 2005

Spent the day at Dad's workplace putting together computer systems (5, I think, but it wasn't on my own, David, the guy who was supposed to be doing it, was doing some too) and installing WinXP + appropriate drivers on said systems.
Also did a tiny bit of testing with Ling. By a 'tiny bit', I mean one motherboard, which didn't work; a graphics card, which worked fine; and another graphics card, which I couldn't get to have any display, so couldn't test whether the user's problem actually existed.

Before we actually went to Dad's workplace, he got me to drive around some on a road that had like, 5 roundabouts, one every 10 or 15 metres or so. And a school zone somewhere about halfway.
I drove all the way back home at the end of the day too. It was multilaned roads all the way, pretty heavy traffic, but I only made one (potentially serious) mistake - started turning too early when the lights turned green, apparently would have scraped the car next to me if he hadn't slowed down.

Oh. I almost forgot.
A customer wanted a different Keyboard and Mouse to the one that usually came with the QPC towers, so Dad went up and asked if I could have the QPC one.
I now have a new keyboard, and a matching optical mouse. It smells all new and is shiny silver waaaaaaah *goes hyper*

No comments: