Did a sort of critical study of a book by Rick Warren, The Purpose Driven Life. The author calls himself a pastor, he's head of a large church that goes by the name of Saddleback Church. He's also been called a false prophet, and I couldn't agree with that more.
He puts a lot of facts into his book. But he also twists so much of it. It's so blatantly biased that I have half a mind to use it as a related text for the English module of Telling The Truth. Because "there are two types of lies: the lie of untruth, and the lie of omission." And his are all lies of omission. Sure, he claims to have used over 20 translations of the Bible, but what he does with it is pick certain translations that suit his own purpose.
His books are a perfect example of the blind leading the blind. I don't remember the exact quote now, but he writes something like, "God wants to be your friend. He does not care about your doctrine or religious beliefs."
[sarcasm]Oh, sure. That works.[/sarcasm]
Considering that the doctrine is the Bible, and said Bible is a guide on how to 'be God's friend'. (Wrong choice of word, mister. 'Friend' to a human implies equality, and humans are in no way equal to God.) Since the Bible is essentially God speaking to us, how can he not care if you're not using his doctrine? That's like saying he doesn't care if we don't listen to Him! I mean, that just does not make sense!
Ugh. I can't be bothered. Besides, my memory isn't holding up too well. I don't want to dwell on him and his hypocritical, twisting ways. Pity the ones who don't know better, who just blindly believe everything that he says. Beware the false prophets.
No comments:
Post a Comment