Saw Nesbitt driving a fairly old bomby car to school.
As soon as I got to school, I arranged a visitor's pass and asked about rooms and stuff. Ended up asking the principle (of all people) about visitor's passes. ^_^;
Net147's mum took him to the school by 1300, and then he called me while I was in class -_-; He spent all of lunch in the library, probably trying to crack the school's security, which he said was considerably tighter than his school's. Josh Turner decided to take the computer nearby and remarked on Net147's typing speed. Not much surprise really, since his typing was at least 80wpm. He said later that he liked those black keyboards better than the ones at his school.
I forgot all about german speaking and turned up some 5 minutes late. Poor Jess was probably running all over the school looking for me.
Programming competition was held today, 2pm to 4pm. It was pretty frustrating. My problem solving skills are virtually nil. Tillius is far better at it than I am. Of course, it helps if one has more knowledge of the language chosen for coding. Speaking of knowledge of language, Net147 has a lot of it. He was coder.
Ended up getting one question sent off, one that Tillius wrote pseudocode for. See, I told you his problem solving was good. I might take another look at the problems, but I severely doubt it. We had the pseudocode for another one, but we ran out of time. Two hours goes by very fast.
After the competition, Tillius left and I showed Net147 around a bit. "Your school has a lot of space." Compared to the city, I suppose that would be true. I wasn't sure if there was anywhere he'd wanted to particularly see, I should probably have asked, but it didn't occur to me until after we'd gone down to Carver.
Quite some time spent there. About an hour, actually. Half of that time we spent chasing the sun, which he decided was annoying because it kept moving, so we had to keep moving to catch the increasingly orange and red rays. He was eating a banana, and offered me some, which I couldn't comprehend at the time, but in hindsight, it doesn't seem all that odd. While the sun was still out and visible, I felt it was only chilly, even though I was only wearing one layer, a long sleeve shirt. Net147 felt cold, and said so. He's not used to sitting on grass. No grass in the city.
At some time, I dared myself to look into his eyes. When I looked up he was looking at me, so I looked back. His eyes were so brown... I couldn't hold his gaze for longer than two seconds; actually, I looked away before that.
He went back up to the school for a bin to throw the banana peel into and returned to show me the visitor's pass that he still had. I'd randomly noticed it sitting on the table while we were packing up to leave the C4 computer room before. (Now I realise why.) Anyway, I took it back to the admin block and slipped it under the principle's door, as he'd suggested earlier this morning. I didn't notice Net147 by the tree near the canteen until he waved. He seems to have a knack for surprising me by randomly appearing. It's the second time he's done it. The first was at Parra.
Eventually the sun went away and it got cold. I asked him when his parents were coming, and he answered, "Whenever I call them." He'd not called them, even though it was probably 16:30 by then. Mum called me around 16:40, telling me that they were at Spotlight and asking something about where she was to pick me up. The phone call was maybe only a minute, but there was no sun, and I'd opened out to take the call rather than curling up, so the cold cut right through and I couldn't stop the shivering very well at all. It kept breaking out somewhat violently. Net147, who had a coat on (blue on the outside with wool inside this time), opened the left side out, reached over and wrapped his arm around my shoulder, sharing the coat and some of his body heat with me. He's ticklish around the waist. Eventually I turned so I could get closer to him. Grey shirt, beige/white pants. His heartbeat, regular, and his arm, warm across my back. I hope he wasn't too cold, since he had half his jacket around me, so he himself was open to the wind. His hands were a little colder than mine, just the fingers. Those textured hands, smooth and dry today. Skilled fingers?
Mum called again at 16:48. I took the phone out and stared at it. It was probably her going to tell me that she was at the school. "Are you going to answer it?" "I don't know." I just stared at it until it stopped vibrating. I suggested that he call his mum, so he did. He asked, "Do you want to go now? My mum will be here soon." I didn't want to, and said so, but also that wanting and having to do something were not the same.
When I actually decided that it was time that I went, I got up, turned around, and there at the bottom of the hill were my mum and sister! Net147 was smart and decided to walk about a metre apart from me. It looked like he'd slammed up all the shields he'd let down while he was with me. Understandable, of course. He too hides behind a mask, though how many I'm not quite sure.
Later on MSN he said that my sister looked different from what he'd imagined, which was unexpected. His mum thought me and my sister looked cute. He said that she also "seems to be fine with me and you". (My computer died and I lost the logs, so I'm not sure if that quote is totally accurate.)
It's quite cold now, and I should sleep. I'll call today's memories back when I'm in bed, because the ones I want to cement into memory are all warm ones.
1 comment:
----------------------
- Hyde-kun -
Interesting... I'm just reading all the entries in your blog that I haven't yet and commented....
I can't believe I got marked down (I think) cos I didn't put the input 3 scores for the Uni program to calculate the average. I think I might complain when I get my assignment back...
----------------------
Post a Comment