Sunday, 27 June 2004

Mmm... my mind is so fuzzy at the moment, and everything else is not quite real, not even the cold that I know is trying to nibble at my fingers and toes. I will post what happened earlier today tomorrow, because I want to record the present while it is fresh in my mind.
The present that touches past and future, all at once. I have a link with another, warm to the touch, alive, strong, full of memories and love. Beyond words. I don't want to leave tonight... I don't have to, because the link is always with me. Treasured, because times like this are so rare. First kiss. Tonight, both of us, dreaming of a time when we can be together living the dreams of our shared world in the real world. Knowing that time is very far off, wishing it were not, but still learning to wait patiently.
Until then, our heartbeats, strong in unison; beating, beating, beating... knowing that the final distance in the darkness is a distance that we'll never be further apart than; it will not separate us as long as we have each other.
So much imagery, symbolism, double meanings. Double because there are two worlds to consider, and their different contexts. The challenge is not to decode, although that is fun. The challenge is to find the right words in reply. Although I write, I found that I couldn't form what I felt into coherent sentences. Even worse is when I know what I want to say, but I can't, because... well, it would just be wrong. It's those times when I feel most helpless and frustrated, because I'm reduced to mere actions, for which I can't find words for either. He quotes a lot from my stories. Well, they're almost our stories, since some (sometimes a lot) of the lines in them are his. I'm still not sure if his thoughts were spilling over into mine that time, but I wouldn't be surprised if they were. By that time, the link was formed; just not very strong yet.
All you cynics, leave us alone, because this is not just a dream. God knows; I have sworn before Him that I will not forget. I have no wish to break the complete trust that he has in me. It would hurt too much to tear out such a deep linking. I don't know if that's even possible, since this link... reaches across worlds. But I do know that no mortal other than us has the right - nor do they have the ability - to break this link.