Went to Art Gallery today. Went from Epp to TH, changed trains there to St J. There was an ADF guy (not in uniform) at Epping, I wonder what he thought of my wearing DPCU pants. Hope I don't get reported. *shrugs* He freaked me out some, I could tell he was from the ADF (or Reserves) from his Echelon Bag and boots. He'd gone over those boots with so much dubbin that they were burgundy (purple!)... like Heywood's... Ended up walking through 3 carriages before I found Tiffany too, so I had to pass the guy twice... ^_^;;
Tiffany needed the toilet, so we found some, but it cost 50cents to use. So she put the 50c in and the door started closing, as expected. Then I must have stepped too close or something, because it stopped closing, and opened up again. It hadn't even closed completely, and she hadn't gone to the toilet yet either. Worst thing was, the door opened out onto a park. So she ended up not going (and the damned toilet wouldn't refund her 50c either) until we found some other toilets closer to the Gallery.
Got to the Gallery on time. 2hrs of talking on medieval painting and aboriginal art. Nothing really new, except that white pigment was also obtained from eagle droppings.
I'd planned to meet Net147 at TH around lunch, but it turned out we had to go to the Uni in Redfern to do chemistry experiments.
I was quite annoyed at having not planned properly - I'd also planned to go back to school so I could ask Sabo about the programming comp and classrooms, ask about visitor's passes, and then, since I'd already be at school, go to Parade as well, maybe teach that damned RATEL lesson. But since "we'd not be finishing until 1530", there was no hope of that either. I'd worn my DPCU pants and black boots, and even had the DPCU shirt in my bag. I had people staring at me, and trying to look like they weren't looking at me, all day long. Especially when I was running through the city. I did a lot of that around TH.
The experiments were interesting. They had equipment for that 'finding the amount of sulfate in fertiliser' experiment - like, the sintering glasses, vacuum pumps, proper heating plate and mixer... heh that mixer thing is so mad. The plate looks like electronic scales, and the mixer tablet... well, it looks just like a larger medicine tablet. The mad thing is that you put the tablet on the plate, turn the heat up... and the tablet stays on the plate and spins; the hotter the plate is, the faster the thing spins. If you hold the tablet above the plate when the heat is turned up to full, then you can feel it wanting to spin out of your fingers.
Also saw some pretty expensive equipment. The chemists demonstrated how to use them. Flame testing with the AAS machine was the best, since the machine turns metal compound solutions into a fine mist to spray into the flame, so the entire flame turns different colour, rather than just streaks. Excited copper electrons still give the best colour for flames. If I write another one of those pagan stories, I will put bright green flames in it.
The reading for 2ppm of Iron ions came up as 0.147... something... -_-; I don't even know what units it's measured in >_<
Couldn't have gotten to TH by 1540, so I didn't even try. Instead, I DDR'd with Tillius on the DDR machines in the arcade (went there during CCSS to get donuts or something, I think, on the way to the swimming pool). A pretty good bargain - 4 songs for $1. Tillius can't DDR very well. I don't know if I should have put him on Beginner after all, because I put him on Light and he didn't seem to cope very well with it. He failed every one of the songs.
Walking back from the Uni to the train station, we saw these people gathered around a medium-sized wood fire, just next to the road. Most of them were aboriginal, though there were a few skips around. The first thing I'd noticed when we'd arrived from St J around 1200 was the smell of smoke. When I saw the open fire on the way back, I realised that it was because there were probably other open fires in the area around the station. Tillius went back to Epp from Redfern. I went back to TH, got there around 1600.
Spent the next 2 hours looking for various items I needed. Went to Christies disposal stall. Water bottles were about $5 each, the corresponding pouch was some $22. I said I could wait for them to be issued. -_-; Spent an hour looking for coloured lenses for my small Maglite. Not one of the... seven? camping stores on Kent? St sold them. Ended up buying them from the Chef's Knives (King of Knives). Cost me $16.95, but now I have them so I can use my Maglite on AFX.
Got a New Zealand ice cream cone for 20c less because the fudge was melting and I just gave the guy all the money in my pocket ($3.70, it cost $3.90).
Met Tiffany on the train on the way back. She got on the same carriage as I did, and I didn't even see her walking in! She thought the man in the business suit sitting opposite us was cute. Okay, he was, sort of. He was either playing games or using WAP on his mobile, because he had it out the whole time we were sitting down. Tiffany whispered something about him probably being married, and I told her that she couldn't have everything she wanted.
All in all, a rather tiring day. I'm still all filthy, so I have to take a shower, even though it's like, 1am.
2 comments:
All in all, a rather tiring day. I'm still all filthy, so I have to take a shower, even though it's like, 1am.
waht is 11 45 now a 1m ey?
----------------------
- Hyde-kun -
Stupid mouse. I have to move the ball so the pointer will move on the screen; instead of moving the mouse across the table. Stupid stupid mouse.
In commenting to your post:
DDR! What songs?!
----------------------
Post a Comment