Just got back from the formal. My feet hurt a lot, and there were small elliptic pads of dirt/grime on them, as well as on my shoes.
It wasn't too bad. The food was good - go the chocolate mousse! - the venue was better than the one for year 10. A few girls/women said I looked quite nice, and I got looked up and down by a few guys, most notably Ed. I have a pic of him dancing - possibly the best pic I took this evening. Too bad it's a static pic. I took a lot of digital photos. 60, actually. I might actually get a photobucket account and put them online.
The music was mostly old stuff; two well known dancing songs were played and the entire grade line-danced to them. Even some of the teachers. Too bad I didn't get any clear photos; maybe others did though. There were a few standing on chairs taking pics. I'll have to ask around.
Speaking of photos, the group I was with took some professional studio photos. I'll be checking them out online in a week here. I was hoping to get one with Ez and Tillius but by then they'd already left. Ez had work and was thoroughly bored anyway. There was a photographer from one of the national newspapers (Herald/Telegraph, I forget which) wandering around, Tiffany got picked out to take a photo with Terence. She was wearing a red chinese dress thing, and Terence was in a white robe thing (with white trackpants underneath, and normal white sport shoes XD). They actually looked quite good together, but the photographer made her put her arm around Terence and she came back complaining bitterly about false images and the media and such. Vivien decided that she wanted to get into the newspaper, so bugged the photographer to take photos of us. I don't think it'll get into the paper; he only got our faces - there were about 10 of us - and he was there specifically to get pics for a section he was doing on formalwear. I forgot to ask him when his article would be coming out. I want to get that specific issue, snip out the pic of Tiffany & Terence, and stick it somewhere to tease her. Oh well. Vivien will know; she has a daily subscription.
When I got there, it was really hot. My sister wanted to walk up with me, but I gave her the invitation (which we didn't need anyway) and she disappeared back to the car shortly after that. There were heaps of flies. Strangely enough, not many bothered me. Maybe the hairspray scared them all away. Quite a few photos taken. Then flying termite things came out. Annoying flying insects!
James Hopcraft arrived on his dad's motorcycle. One group arrived in a black limo; another in a white stretch limo. Sweaty faces with makeup on. Gazebo, which I knew would look nicer later - it'd probably be lit up. I got to see it later by going with the support teacher - the 'bouncers' wouldn't let students go past the fountain. Took a photo with me standing over the floodlight in the ground, but the lighting up off my dress was sorta ruined by the flash. I'm sure that's a good thing; otherwise it would have silhouetted my underwear >_< Stupid periods.
Hair: $35, took an hour to do. Much hairspray (>_< hair lacquer on and in my ears!) and 60 'bobby pins'.
Dress: $49-59 (bought it last year at Paddy's Markets, so don't remember), purple (but comes out blue in photos), many beads. No one else had the same dress. Mum sewed ribbons onto it so it wouldn't fall down, and to hide my bra straps.
Shoes: $40, silver, 8cm heels. Sank into the grass.
'Admission': $70-90? Covered cost of hiring Oatlands House from 18:45-23:30, soft drinks, DJ, three course meal.
Quarter moon. Stars. Orion's belt was clearly visible. Snail. Thought about Net147 a few times. Wished that he were with me, if only to sit together and watch people dance.
No comments:
Post a Comment