Saturday, 27 November 2004

Went to the city again today. Ez gave Tillius and I a lift from our respective homes out to Epping station. Parked in a side street, walked up to the library where I returned the three Star Trek novels I'd borrowed from Hornsby - saw dad, wtf was he doing there?! wtf did he think he was doing, chasing after us onto the road like that?! idiot! - bought return tickets to city, and got on the train around 11:25. Train had nice cool air conditioning, but it was still fairly hot.
Got off at Town Hall, went up to Kinokuniya. Ez found volumes 2 to 14 of Initial D, bought one of each volume. He let me buy volume 1 of Gunslinger Girl, published by ADV. I don't think I'll buy any more of GSG from that publisher. They translate too slowly - volume 4 is out, but they haven't even released volume 2 in English yet - and I'm not altogether too pleased with their translation. Anyway, it totalled up to almost $200, but Ez had printed off a voucher he'd found online, so didn't pay as much as that. Spent an hour reading volume 11 of Priest before actually going to pay.
Then went to get food. That Woolworths has four levels. FOUR. It doesn't just sell food. It sells clothes, entertainment equipment, cookware, etc as well! The bottom two floors look normal; the top two floors look more like a Grace Brothers (ie. Myers)/Target store. There's even a cafe up there.
Souvlaki sticks once again get a mention in the blog. Only had enough money to buy one; Ez and Tillius both got themselves two.
Sat outside TH for a while eating and talking, then walked down to Playtime, wandered around looking at all the games but didn't actually play any. They wouldn't DDR. Walked back towards TH, then decided to go to Darling Harbour. Spent about an hour just walking in a huge circle. There was this guy who was trying to get an audience and was babbling all sorts of crap, like "Hello there, I'm giving a show where I'm going to kill little children, would you two little children like to help? Yes? Could you bring your parents here too? You see, my insurance doesn't cover me if I do something like accidentally kill you while doing dangerous things like crack this whip here *whip cracks* if your parents aren't around, but if your parents are around and I accidentally kill you, then it's all right, because my insurance covers that."
There were people sunbathing on the grass near Tumbalong Park. It was not pretty.
Went back to TH station. Was going to buy ice cream, but the train was going to arrive in 8 minutes and there were a lot of people waiting, so I didn't end up getting one after all. Which meant that withdrawing $20 was pointless, since it never got used. Took train to Epping, got given a lift by Ez back home.
Unfortunately, parents had NOT left yet, which just annoyed me greatly.

And yes, I just know you're all reading, whether or not you're all actually commenting. *rolls eyes and sticks tongue out at all you readers*

1 comment:

Tillius said...

Not like Myer/Target, like BigW (as Woolworths owns BigW).

>_>
*sees cover is blown*
*runs and hides behind new rock*