Currently: confused, fearful, suspicious, mildly irritated
The job people are jerking Mase around on a lead. That is not nice to hear. Especially if they cannot be considerate enough to treat him like a person.
What's worse is that he supposedly spent two hours preparing an updated résumé and cover letter with a professional, but my mother and I could probably do a better job than that professional did (on the résumé, I have no idea about the cover letter). Sure, the layout looks nice with a table and all. But it leaves a lot for the employer to guess about, especially if there are spelling mistakes and wording that makes the applicant sound crude. Well, ok, not spelling mistakes. Wrong word used sort of thing.
Makes me wonder if it really was a 'professional'. (That's the suspicion.) Makes me think Mase was cheated. (That's the mild irritation. Well... it WAS mild irritation. It's a bit more now, since I've been mulling over it while typing this.) Fearful because Mase didn't seem in that good a mood - more like stubborn - when I pointed out the... well, they're not mistakes, but they could be disadvantageous to his chances of getting employed - to him.
As for the confused... well, that's because last night Net147 asked me if I still loved him. I guess I do. And that's what I replied. He said he still loves me, still wants to be with me, and that that hadn't changed.
Though I'm not so confused now. I asked him about that about twenty minutes ago. He was thinking of what might happen in the future. *nods* I hope it will.
Heh. It's just occurred to me that it's not a good idea to get any closer than close friends any time in the next year or so, because he's got the HSC to deal with.
This morning at 11:20 I had an interview for the Engineering scholarship I applied for, at UTS. I thought I had to be in there at 11:30, so didn't go to check with reception until 11:15, and the lady was like, "She's supposed to be in there now." That freaked me out a bit.
Most of the questions I answered came out sound like "err, um... I'm not sure" to me. I forgot most of the stuff I'd gone over with mum and dad last night. There were only a few questions I was really sure about. I made the three interviewers laugh a bit, but that just made me think:
._.; I sound so pathetic you're almost laughing at me
Went on a tour of UTS with a current scholar who is doing a double degree in Engineering and International Studies.
Spent an hour watching a guy's PhD work being shaken by the university's earthquake simulator. It was a mudbrick adobe. It developed serious cracks at the 125% frequency-scaled reproduction of the El Salvador January 13 2001 earthquake. The entire back wall was visibly wobbling, much like a large piece of plastic wobbles in the middle when shaken by two people. They gave me a pair of boots that were twice my foot length to wear. I was wearing sandle-like shoes that gave me blisters on both feet =( so I ran around without shoes on for a while afterwards ^^ UTS has nice carpet.
'Lunch' was sandwiches and fruit. I should have had some of the fruit, it looked so nice...
Saw (and talked to) Cassandra (is that her name? I forget) from CCSS, as well as a guy who looked like one of them, but wasn't. Also saw another guy whose name I didn't know but recognised for some reason. He recognised me at the UTS open day, up until today I'd been wondering where on earth I'd seen him from before. Cassandra applied for an IT scholarship as well. Seems like most of her selections are also IT, although she has four(?) Science ones scattered in there too.
Damned shoes. Ended up walking to Market City and getting a pair of thongs at a convenience store. And mum decided to get some really expensive bandaids for my blisters. I guess that's nice of her, they were quite comfortable, but she didn't have to. Normal bandaids would have been fine ^^;
No comments:
Post a Comment