Maths advanced exam today. Strangely enough, they didn't distinguish it as mathematics advanced... it just says Mathematics on the front.
It was ok. Probably easier than the trials, but the stupid thing is, I still didn't do all of it. But I'm glad I had time to go back and check at least a few of the questions. I found I would have gotten the very first question wrong if I hadn't doublechecked.
Tillius got the very first question wrong. And a whole lot of others, when I was asking him what he got for certain answers and such. But he's lucky. Scaling will pull through for him; I screwed up my trials, got ~75%, so I'll be sitting on average, since that mark would have ranked me really low. I reckon that even if I end up doing really well in the HSC exam, they're going to scale me down. That would really suck.
Went to Ez's place afterwards. We (Tillius, Ez and I) were going to go to Towers, but Ez's mum wanted McDonalds, so we got her the sundae she wanted, filled up on petrol and went to Ez's place, where we spent the next hour and a half doing nothing really.
Got to see Ez's modded comp. It was seethrough, and glowed with cool-looking lights on the fans. Not a bad rig. Even had some space left for extension.
Was told I could have a mirror, from the stack of mirrors they'd taken off of their mirror wall, but forgot to get one before I left.
Didn't get to see the chains Gael and Kristofer had under the bed before, because they were probably put away somewhere not so obvious. =(
Spent quite some time burning a whole of of Ez's English notes and English workbook, only to find that we'd missed some that were in his computer room. There was a lot of smoke. Flames on large sheets of A4 paper burn orange, hot, and high. >=)
Went back to school afterwards, where I sat and randomly did some maths. I must revise binomial probability... nevermind that I'll probably never get up to question 7, but yeah... damn maths.
Took the bus to the library, where I wasted the entire time online. Most of it was simply waiting for the freakn computer to respond. It was so stupidly laggy, it was NOT funny. There were about 30+ processes running when I opened up the Task Manager to take a look too. Too bad I didn't know what half of them did, or I would have stopped a few, just to make the damn thing run faster.
Managed to get some SDD done. 9 dotpoints. Up to documentation now... boring...
Arethic has been claimed by some girl he was flirting with in ChatterBox as her boyfriend. So no more flirting. Good for him. Hope he has fun with her. Distance relationships are so difficult. But I don't want to think about that at the moment. It still hurts.
Speaking of Gaia, the second battery of questions for the CT1 prelim round came out. The library comps were so freakn slow the page wouldn't load. But it's here. I've found the answers to all but 5 of them. Didn't have the internet, was using Britannica, so haven't done questions #1, 6, 7, 11, or 13, and am really really unsure about 12.
One really great thing that's been going through my mind as I was looking the stuff up. Things like these really teach me new things. And not just what searchwords to type in (which is what my sister still needs to learn), but actually interesting info. I've pretty much memorised the colours of resistor bands, and have been tossing the idea of learning Morse code around my head for a few days now.
And just for the record... it's not the dec -> hex conversion I mind. It's just that I really didn't want to know when Gates was born. >_<
No comments:
Post a Comment