Tuesday, 12 October 2004

Still a bit dizzy but at least there's no pain now. Was vomiting all day yesterday, and in pain for quite a bit of it.
Mum took me to the doctor's around 15:30, where I was given an injection in the bum of Pethidine and something to counter the nausea. Turned out I was given waaaay too much Pethidine - 75mg - when probably 25mg would have been enough. I'm only small...
Some info on Pethidine
"Widely used for pain relief... similar to heroin and morphine. Opioids. A woman may become dizzy, drowsy, her eyes may change in appearance and she may experience an altered level of perception of events around her. Pethidine acts on the central nervous system by inhibiting the pain signals that are sent to the brain."
Sounds like everything I felt. Was seeing double at some point.
So then they took me to Ryde Hospital for observation. They put me on a bed, made me strip down to my underwear and put on some hospital gown of some sort. Didn't help that I wasn't actually wearing much underwear.
At some point, they gave me another injection, almost in the same place as the first, of more of the antinausea stuff - Maxolon.
Lights were turned down at 20:00, and I didn't actually leave the hospital until 22:00 because I kept vomiting up any water I drank. Must have used up to ten or so of those v-bags they had.
There was this really mean nurse, she was so bossy. She kept going on and on about how I couldn't leave because I was vomiting, how I wasn't allowed to sit up even though another nurse had said I was to sit up properly to drink any water, blaming me and mum for supposedly doing the wrong things, blah blah blah...
Considering that mum IS a nurse, I should think she'd know at least as much as they did.

Anyway, got home, at some congee and slept. Got woken up at 1am, replied to SMSs, then slept until 7. Got up, did some stuff, went back to sleep, did some maths, wandered around the house, etc.
Haven't done much all day.

No comments: