Competed in Zone Cross Country today. Came 9th. I swear, I have absolutely no idea how that works. I'm not a good runner, I've certainly not been training in the past year. They take the top 6 of each age group onto the Area carnival, though there's some screwy team thing that happens, which is how I got to Area last year. Maybe it was my constant prayers asking God to 'Fortify my fatigue'. (Yes, I've been playing far too much Morrowind.)
After my race, I walked through the university Campus to Macquarie Shopping Centre, mostly with Sam McC. (Not sure how to spell his name and don't want to spell it wrong.) Right near the end, he decided to go some other way, so I followed the bus driver's directions, and he kept going straight down the road. I never saw him after that.
Limped around Macquarie Centre for about an hour before deciding that my damned blisters weren't going to stop hurting and just lurked outside the skating rink, waiting for the rest of the people doing ice skating for rec sport to turn up. (I know one of them came from running 4km, but I dunno where the other two came from... ) Quite a few schools at the rink, and we didn't start skating until 1300, because some skating club had booked it. There were some 4 schools there - Epping Boys', Sydney (or was it North Sydney?) Boys', Muirfield and mine. Made for a rather crowded rink. There were even lessons held for people who wanted to participate, which I thought was a good idea.
Afterwards, went to the city by train with mum. Met Net147 while mum was in Kinokuniya. Saw the outside of his school, and the inside of one of the buildings. The school is certainly unique... I've never seen one that had its classrooms in buildings that were separated by streets, has a playground with fake grass up on the top of an eight story building and tells its students to make use of the fire escapes as common routes between classes. The uniform is typical of private schools... very formal-ish, blazer, tie... etc. Library looks somewhat like a primary school library... not really surprising, though, considering the years it caters for. What amuses me is that the schoolbag is made by the same company that makes the bags for several other private schools.
Left my bunch of hair in the car, so couldn't sell it this time either. -_-; The curses of a bad memory.
Then met dad and bro at Entertainment Centre. Went to some Jap restaurant nearby. The food was good. Bro kept playing with 'assassin wire'. I think it'll break soon. He's fiddled with it all evening.
More musings... on Net147 this time... not a real talkative person irl.. well, he did say that he was intrapersonal... forgot to take a look at his hands, though I don't know what he would have thought if I'd just grabbed them all of a sudden. Eheheheh... ^_^;; um... ._.;; Thai in origin..
Red for danger, green for neutrality, and blue for goodwill. Not a bad scheme.
What is it anyway? *Pokes self* This is getting really weird... starting to remember a lot of details about him... that's really not supposed to happen...
No comments:
Post a Comment