Friday, 7 May 2004

I think I'm going to move this blog to someplace which has comments available. I know, I could probably put one in myself, but I'm far too lazy to bother... I've heard of a few good places, so I'm going to check them out later tonight.
I wonder if it's possible to write some sort of program in VB6 that'd do that. I could try (and probably fail) to do it for the third question in phase 2 of the SDD assignment.

As for today, things kept popping up into my mind. Perhaps it's the (slight) sleep deprivation. And I kept falling asleep in class. Chem was probably the worst, because we were watching a boring video in a darkened room. And in Physics, the teacher was repeating herself several times on the same thing, so I catnapped.
The weirdest thing is, when I'm 'sleeping', I can hear and understand every word the teacher is saying. (Well, until I sleep deeper and dream anyway.) But when I open my eyes, I won't remember most of what they said. There's got to be some way to utilise such a phenomenon...

Marshweed unscrewed the blade from a pencil sharpener. Those things are damn sharp. He was bored in maths. The back of his hand above his right thumb was red and pink with new cuts. So was most of his left arm, for that matter. I'm glad that I'm not squeamish around blood. I'm also glad that no one else in the group is that way either, because he gave Rara a demonstration. It bled quite a bit. His blood tastes more salty than metallic. Yes, I licked it. There was enough to run down his arm, though not too quickly. Rara offered a double page of her journal, so he smeared it on the paper and she made a blood butterfly. It was so bright and wet and red, even though it was only one streak. After that, the blood still came out, but not enough to run, so he blew it from his arm onto the page. It made a pattern of fine red spots on the page, and streaky lines all down the side of his arm.
"That's so good it almost looks fake!" Rara commented. And she was absolutely right too. Then he went and washed it off.
Rara used her blood to write in her journal, and draw pictures. They're weird... her blood dries brown.
Marshweed... he seriously worries me. Once he was cutting so much that Rara went and 'turned him in' to Elton.
It's not nice when someone I know and like isn't doing too well, but I can't do anything to help. Actually, it's downright maddening. He lies to me, but at least it's not as much as he lies to Elton.
"How did you do that?"
"Oh, I had an accident."
"I don't think that's an accident. You had an accident there, and there, and there as well?"
After that, I didn't listen. I didn't want to in case I made things worse.
Marshweed says that he cuts because he likes the feeling. I don't doubt that - I've felt it myself, and it's not bad, especially when I'm down. But he's got other reasons, as do I. Sometimes I wish we were better friends.
It's ironic. Rara cuts too, but only on her legs, because then it's not as likely that her mum will notice. And she tries to break previous records of how many she can do at once before it hurts too much. Her record is in the 200s... all over her calves.
"If people know that you're a cutter, the first place they'll look is on your arms. They're not likely to look at your legs."
But she worries Marshweed. He's hypocritical and he admits that, but the fact that someone he fell for in the past destroys herself just like he's doing, it saddens him.

Marshweed: "There must be a sign, only visible to girls, that says, 'Dump me before you even get to know me' hanging on my head."

Kunama: "I dare you to get a tattoo or something on your chest. A swirly pattern." (I was referring to cutting.)
Marshweed: "No, there's no point. No one ever sees my chest anyway, nor will they."
Kunama: "I have my doubts about that."
Marshweed: "What, that no one else ever sees my chest?"
Kunama: "Yeah. You know, you're not as unlucky as you may think."
Marshweed: "Hey, let me believe what I want to believe." *grins and crosses arms over his shoulders*

Rog: "You know, Marshweed's really got problems."
Kunama: "He needs a girlfriend."
Rog: "Yes. Having a girlfriend would probably solve a lot of his problems."

No comments: