Oh my God. Never again am I ever going to leave error checking until the night before.
The error catching Net147 used had an unsigned long as a data type. For user input. BAD. VERY BAD. Took me longer than I'd like to admit to find out what the problem was (Yes, I'm not all that observant), then another 5 minutes to fix it. Only after that, Visual Studio decided to frustrate me and crash every time I tried to build it. And my computer restarted every time I tried to run the damned program.
Thank God that we didn't have to hand the assignment in at the beginning of the period. I had time to fix it at school, where Visual Studio didn't stuff up every time I tried to compile. So yeah. Then I went and deleted the edited version from the comp... -_-; Recopying file onto floppy atm.
Edited without too much problem. I hate debugging at the last minute. Puts far too much stress on me.
Started on the story based on My Last Breath - by Evanescence and that convo. I've got a setting and an introduction done. Soon I'll be able to get to the body of the story; I'm intending to include the lyrics in italics, as well as credits to Evanescence at the end of the story. Not sure if I should weave that bit into the story or just leave it as an endnote or something.
But I can tell now that it's going to be a long story. The beginning is already a page, and it's not even the main bit.
I need names. One female, one male. And a mental discipline for each - I've decided on Empath for her, and Illusionist for him, but it depends, I need to do some more research on the different types. Telepathy is possible in this story. A nice change from my usual shapeshifter themes, I suppose.
-Edit at 22:25, same date-
YEAH!!!!!!! THE NETWORK WORKS AGAIN!!!!!!!!!!!!! I CAN ONCE AGAIN GET INTERNET ON MY OWN COMPUTER IN THE CORNER OF THE LIVING ROOM!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
1 comment:
yes that story was wierd, and your one page, comon you had 3 lines of my sized writing in one if yours!
Post a Comment